Call for Workshop Proposals
As part of the 12th VECPAR International Meeting on High Performance Computing for Computational Science, we are seeking proposals for affiliated workshops.
The workshops should be focused in fresh topics related to parallel and distributed computational science, from theory to practice, where new ideas, subjects, open problems and works on progress can be discussed and explored.
The accepted workshops will be held on 1st of July 2016 and may be organized as half- or full-day.
- Workshop title and acronym;
- Workshop description (150-200 words) to be included in the VECPAR website;
- Name and short bio of the workshop proponents;
- A list of the tentative program committee.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Chairs
- Prepare a dedicated call for papers;
- Maintain the workshop website;
- Define the workshop program committee;
- Select the papers by a peer review process.
Deadline for workshop proposals: February 15th, 2016
Notification of acceptance: February 19th, 2016
Deadline for paper submission: To be defined by the chairs
Author notification: To be defined by the chairs
Camera-ready version of papers: May 15th, 2016
The papers of the workshops will be published under the Springer LNCS series. The authors may be asked to revise the paper after the conference in order to meet the series requirements.
VECPAR 2016 will not pay for travel or other arrangements for workshop organizers or any of their invited guests.
How to submit
The workshop proposals should be sent by email to the Workshops Chair:
João Manuel R. S. Tavares
Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto, Portugal